Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Basking in the heat

Fishing on the Thames
We in the UK are in a state of shock. I must try to explain to my international friends. We are currently experiencing what can only be described as ... summer.
The days are hot and long, the sun is shining and the sky is blue and clear. The thing that's really taken us by surprise this summer is that it hasn't been one glorious day followed by the default setting (rain) but actually waking up each day to beautiful sunshine.
It's like the summer we fondly remember/ dream of.
Sun screen has taken up residence in my painting kit and long may it continue!
Yesterday I was painting by the river Thames in Maidenhead with members and friends of the Royal Institute of Oil painters.
Today I'm heading to the Thames again but this time it's Putney to paint with members of the Wapping group. Maybe I will find another willing fisherman to model like this one.. thanks to you Dan :-)
I'll post a better pic of this when I get a chance to take one.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't the weather wonderful?, If it wasn't for the lack of a large mountain range like The Andes, I 'd think I was back in Chile! Unfortunately I haven't gotten round to getting my oil Pochade kit out very much yet...just a few pen and ink or wash sketches so far. I see you have been doing lots lately. Hope the sun stays shining for a while yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judith, agreed! We seem to be having a proper summer!

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...