Monday, August 26, 2013

Deuxieme câle

Deuxieme cale
This is the deuxieme câle, where the ferry leaves or arrives on the island when it's medium tide. We always check the tide timetable before catching a ferry because it may be a ten minute walk to the boat or a twenty-five minute walk if the tide is low.
I found painting this really tricky with the reflective qualities of the wet mud making it so light in value and it's bumpy textured qualities adding extra complexity! I really didn't think it was working and then I stood back a few feet and suddenly I could see it and it all clicked into place.
We are quickly racing through our last week of summer on the island.

1 comment:

  1. I think its lovely ...doesn't look like you had any problems!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...