Sunday, September 29, 2013

A wonderful time



It's late and I'm tired, but I'm home now after a wonderful three days in Staithes and Whitby. It was like stepping back in time as my phone was rendered useless with no signal anywhere in the village and therefore no Internet and no links with the outside world... a valuable break from it all I'm sure!
As you can see by the blue sky on this shot we had two days of glorious sunshine but of course you can't see the wind! I spent two hours on this one (it wasn't quite finished in this photo) and never dared let go of my easel once with my left hand the whole time, pushing towards the wind and trying to keep a steady right hand against the odds! The relatively large 16" x 20" board probably wasn't wise under the circumstances :-)

I look forward to getting a chance to unwrap the paintings from the trip, hopefully tomorrow as I've got a fun day in London planned for Tuesday, hanging an exhibition on Thursday and a workshop in oil painting on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...