Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Marazion

I'm back in glorious Cornwall for a few days and then travelling straight to France, so here's hoping the 'remote' posting to blog works this time!
Yesterday afternoon I painted St Michael's mount at Marazion. I've never actually been this close to the mount before, so I felt it was something that had to be done! I was fortunate to have the wet sand and reflections and the sky was a beautiful blue with bright scudding clouds.
What you can't see from either the painting or the photos though is how strong the wind was! Woah! I had a bag of rocks tied to my tripod and I could barely get my hand to do what my brain was wanting it to do.
This is oils, 8" x 16"

3 comments:

  1. Magnificent sky! Beautiful piece Haidee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great composition, with the pool and reflections. I love this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...