Friday, May 23, 2014

Carp pond at Gunby Hall

Carp pond at Gunby Hall
Oils 12" x 16"

On an absolutely beautiful day I had to drop everything else and get out with my paints. I actually went looking for some cows that I'd seen recently but they weren't in the field, so I continued in an easterly direction until I reached beautiful Gunby Hall again. Once there, I knew I would head for the carp pond. I couldn't believe how much it had changed in the last couple of weeks. This yellowy green weed that you can see on the right hand side of my painting had spread far and wide under the surface of the water. I'm sure it's nutritious for the fish but it does rather obliterate all reflections in that area. 
Still, I had a wonderful trip and there were sky reflections still to be had! I'm also looking forward to when the water lilies come into flower, and I'm going to get back here with a model first chance I get. 
Also, the team at Gunby Hall looked after me well and gave me a coffee and with the sun shining too, what could be better? :-)




6 comments:

  1. That's amazingly effective. The impression of clear, still water reflecting a hot sunny sky, without the sunny sky needing to be in the picture. The yellow-green weed enhances the effect, and the strikingly coloured water lily leaves really lift the whole of it. And to top it all, that beautiful detail of the partly submerged leaf at the front with sparkles at the edge. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I love your description :-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pond reflections! Do you have any workshops planned this summer? I have checked your website. Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Evelyn! My summer workshops are all booked through art societies and therefore mainly for their members, but I'll send you an email x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...